At Goodroots festival I picked up The Body Bible by Clean Eating Alice. First off I highly recommend Alice’s book, she uses ingredients that are easy to get your hands on, she doesn’t use huge amounts of ingredients per recipe and the recipes are easy. Well so far I’ve found them simple at least!
I was after something that would be easy to transport for lunch that wasn’t a salad or a sandwich and something that would keep me from snacking on biscuits at work. Say hello to the butternut squash, red onion, chili feta frittata, I adjusted the recipe so I could use ingredients I already had at home and that is the recipe I have put below. Enjoy!
– half a sweet potato but into cubes
– 1 small red onion chopped
– 1 tsp coconut oil
– 1 heaped teaspoon of dried chili seeds
– 1 crushed garlic clove
– 2tbs apple cider vinegar
– 6 eggs
– hand full of feta
– fresh herbs to serve
- Preheat your grill to around 180 degrees celsius.
- On a medium heat fry your sweet potato and red onion in the coconut oil for around 15 minutes or until soft.
- In small bowl mix garlic, chili and ACV then pour over the sweet potato and red onion mixture till all is coated.
- Gently stir eggs and pour on top of the rest of the ingredients in your pan, then crumble with feta.
- Once the bottom of your frittata is cooked, finish off under the grill so that the top also finishes cooking.
- Scatter with fresh herd to serve.