Great for barbecues and picnics alike or even just to bulk out your dinner or the next day’s lunch, these summer salads are so simple and a real crowd pleaser! They go amazing along side pork, chicken or fish.
- 1 cup pearled couscous (giant cous-cous)
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced using a mandolin or sharp knife
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 5 spring onions, 3 sliced into chunks and 2 thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 handful of chopped basil
Cook your pearled couscous as the packet instructs. Grill your courgette and the chunks of spring onion. While you wait, combine the olive oil, vinegar, leftover spring onions an basil and stir to bring everything together. Once cous cous has cooled combine everything in a bowl and gently stir.
Fennel + Orange
- 1 Fennel Bulb
- 1 large orange
Thinly slice a bulb of fennel using a mandolin, then using a sharp knife peel the orange and cut into thin slices, using your fingers to break these up. I like to squeeze the juice from the orange flesh lepton the peel into this salad to and the orange just takes some of the bit out of the fennel. If you want you can top this with some Olive Oil.